Friday, October 22, 2010

Polka Dot Chalkboard Desk, Window Frame and a Broken Vase

Hello!   
I have been so busy working on projects that I haven't stopped to show you all!  I am still learning my way around this Bloggy Land.  This is how it works:  #1.Work on a project.  #2. Post it.  :)  OK.  Got it. 


I have shown you all this desk that I purchased off of Criagslist for $30.  





I painted it with heirloom white 





Added new knobs from Hobby Lobby (adorable!) and painted a chalkboard on top with a pink and white polka dot frame.  LOVE it. 




My daughter screamed when she saw it.  She loves it that much :)  My heart melted.  


My sweet Mother found the little chair as she was driving by a yard sale one day.  You have to love a mother who supports you and stops along the road on the way to the gym to buy a chair!  I am going to put a little cushion on it eventually.  


OLD WINDOW

Back in the spring I bought some old wooden 6 pane windows from a sweet lady on Craigslist.  



The seal around the windows was so bad that  I had to scrape it all off.  I removed the glass panes and sanded the frame down until it was pretty smooth.  As is so happens, my Dad worked for a glass company 100 years ago.  He resealed the windows for me.  I painted the frame red, and aged it with RL glaze.  I primed the glass with magnetic spray paint.  Then, I painted chalkboard paint right onto the glass panes.  Works great! Love this for a message center!

  

BROKEN VASE






I found this vase with flowers at a yard sale this summer.  I loved it.  I got it home and realized that the red was TOO bright.  So, I was going to sell it on Craigslist.  Come to find out, when I have an idea in my head, I am SET on doing it.  No matter what.  It apparently does not matter to me if the wind is blowing 100 miles an hour, like it was at the time when I decided I had to take the picture.  I put that beautiful vase outside and started snapping away.  I turned around to walk back into the garage and CRASH.  It fell over and broke.  So, I had to become creative.  This is what I did.  









I found an old paint can (unused) and painted it heirloom white.  I used my handy dandy cricut to cut out the word MARKET and painted it onto the can.  Then I took acrylic paint in burnt umber and dry brushed it onto the can to create an aged/weathered look.  Love how it turned out.  











Too bad the stems are STILL too red.  Selling it... hopefully.


That is all for today.  The hubs and I are getting ready to set sail on Monday for the Bahamas for 5 nights!  ALONE!!!  :)  So excited & SO much to do to get ready.  I have MANY more projects to post when I get back.  


Bye Y'all!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that desk is so adorable *I* almost screamed when I saw it! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You did an impressive job for recycling old things. That repurposed window and that desk you purchased from Craigslist are both awesome!
    Barrett Elmore

    ReplyDelete